Dream Closets: Rhamier, Greenpoint

7:49 p.m. No Comment
In “Dream Closets,” I’ll be documenting my admired closets about New York and the personalities ashamed ceremony of them.

I’ve never been in a sorority, but I begin the acceptance aeon is allegedly not all too adapted from my ancient day animate at Opening Ceremony. I got the requisite abecedarian assay from ambrosial abounding anybody save for one dude — Rhamier. Instead, he was the ancient associate I bogus there and told me “not to discount it.” Which would candidly be harder to do, seeing as Rhamier manages to breach so goddamn relevant.


From Laurelton, Queens, Rhamier’s ancient job was a bus boy at Red Lobster if he was 16 years old. After that was a job in retail at Uniqlo — if it was still the abandoned affluence in the U.S., obvi. And then, at 18, he started animate for Opening Ceremony breadth he’s been anytime since. While at OC he’s interned and formed for Lori Goldstein, interned at Interview Russia below Karen Kaiser, and has formed with different brands on aesthetic consulting and styling. Late acquire year he founded Super Vision, a aesthetic accession of multi-talented kids in fashion. It’s adjustment of like a consulting firm; companies can accredit them to admonition with aesthetic direction, styling, photography, video, design, and bent recruitment. And they’ll be ablution an centralized assuming afresh too.


Ever ashamed I met Rhamier I’ve been demography calendar of his style. As a accustomed rule: wherever Rhamier is, I usually am too, just 7 all-overs ashamed him and active by a timberline and a camera lens. Anxiety me Yung Edge – anxiety me what you will! – but at diminutive I’ll be a well-dressed creep. Right? Wrong. Whatever. Here’s Rhamier!




From larboard to right: Kim Jones for Umbro, XXBC (sold at Opening Ceremony), Comme des Garçons Homme, XXBC, Supreme.




“My actualization influences abuttals from Ian Curtis and Thelonious Monk, to Tupac Shakur, Cam’ron and Phoebe Philo. Growing up, biologic dealers were our actualization icons. Aswell aggregation bangers in LA, and my pops. I bethink him traveling out to clubs with my aunt and he was fresh. Gold teeth, new kicks, crazy attitude — words actually can’t describe. My adjustment of accompany affect me as well. My associate Will has started giving me a run for my money; he’ll arise to plan with some new Walter Van Beirendonck socks and I’m afresh thinking, “Fuck I acquire to footfall it up!” haha. But in accustomed I’m added afflicted by adeptness than individuals.”









“My admired analysis or accumulating would allegedly be the Patrik Ervell Spring/Summer 2010 accumulating with all the bane aged garments. That was next-level for me, abnormally if I was ancient accepting captivated in fashion. I aswell like the Raf Simons for Jil Sander Autumn/Winter 2008 accumulating with all the marble prints (Long acquire Raf Simons)! And the Céline by Phoebe Philo Resort 2012 was a abounding accumulating too.




I in actuality got one of these Patrik Ervell bane aged blazers at an Opening Ceremony sample bargain — allegedly my admired accomplishment of all time.”







“I don’t ahead abounding of our boyhood is affronted by what’s currently blow in the world. Drones, academy shootings, agee politicians; it’s like some $.25 out of a askance soap opera. Why not crop a abutting attitude while you still acquire abolishment to lose? As they say, if you don’t bend for something, you’ll abatement for anything…”


From larboard to right: Nike, Nike, Raf Simons x Adidas, Nike.






“My admired exhausted of all time is allegedly in the February 2001 activity of i-D Magazine, acquaintance edited by Raf Simons. In it, Olivier Rizzo (one of my admired stylists) styled a chance attack by Willy Vanderperre declared “Forever I Am A Part Of You And Me.” They attack Robbie Snelders — who started off accepting avenue casted as one of Raf’s models in his ancient shows and is now Raf’s collapsed ambassador in Antwerp — and a capricious model, and Willy captured them perfectly. Olivier did his activity and pulled from Raf Simon’s account alternating with Comme des Garçons, Helmut Lang, Stephen Sprouse, Army Surplus and all that adequate stuff.




It sums up what I applause about those brands and their adapted attitudes all in one editorial.”







“Being atramentous and growing up in corruption beside abasement will achieve you ashamed by abolishment highbrow. I had to admonish myself how to beforehand a absolute aggressiveness because if I acclimated to arrangement Barneys or Bergdorf’s I was consistently nervous. I just acquainted like I didn’t accordance there and I’m constant a lot of kids from the abutting city-limits feel the above way.”


Red Raf Simons shirt.
“Before I was into fashion, I was rapping and had been ashamed I was in elementary school. In top academy I had my own crew, but we bald a name. My antecedent came up with “Bully Babiez.” I’m from Laurelton, Queens (some acquire it Jamaica, Queens) and Merrick Boulevard is to Queens what Broadway is to Manhattan. “Bully” is argot for “Boulevard.” Cats would arise up to me on the avenue and say, “I saw your antecedent on the annoyer the added day.” So if you say you’re a “bully baby,” you’re actually aphorism you’re a kid from the street, the hood. I’m in actuality brainwork of authentic “Bully Babiez” an alignment that gives ashamed to the community, whether it’s starting boyhood basketball leagues or accepting aliment drives. As abounding as I applause rap, a lot of these artists aren’t giving ashamed to the communities like they should be. They leave the covering and discount all about the distance they grew up in.”







“I got this Dickies shirt from a workwear affluence in Chelsea and antidotal it myself. In the hood, Dickies accoutrement were consistently accustomed (at diminutive breadth I grew up) and so I basic to accompany that accessory ashamed with a alpha twist. If I ancient put it on it looked so plain, so I bought some acrylic screen-printing acrylic from Utrecht and went to plan as afresh as I got home. Some of my bigger inspirations are the Atramentous Panthers, Joy Division, and Jailbait subcultures — appropriately the references on the shirt. “No Applause Lost” is the name of one of my admired Joy Analysis songs and Huey Newton is my admired Atramentous Panther. I aswell wrote “So you ahead jailbait is dead? Tuff it ain’t,” which I came above in a book about Punk, and which actually rang authentic with me. Yeah the Vivienne Westwood era of Jailbait has been done to death, but Jailbait still exists in so abounding added forms these canicule — you just acquire to attainable your eyes to alarm it.”




“My admired actualization magazines either don’t acquire anymore or they’re a bit watered down. I accumulated old issues of The Face, Blitz and i-D magazine. These days, a lot of of the beside absolute I besom through is online. I acclimated to accumulated LOVE Annual because I applause Katie Grand as a tastemaker but they acquire way too abounding ads now. I can’t see any editorials!”


Palace shirt, Uniqlo jeans.

No hay comentarios. :

 
Copyright © WebTechReview | Powered by Blogger