I never met Amy Winehouse. We weren’t texting buddies. I didn’t go over to her address if her and Blake would get into a fight. I wasn’t at any of the different interventions she allegedly had and she in fact never offered to fly my ass out to St. Lucia for some island vacation time. But if she died over the weekend, it bogus me feel the affectionate of affliction one can abandoned associate if anyone they don’t apperceive dies.
I don’t apperceive Amy Winehouse and yet I apperceive “everything” about her. Every arrest and draft she had, I was acquainted of. Appropriate now, I could go on YouTube and watch hours of footage of her. Or I could acquire to her two records. I can consistently hear/see her if I ambition to in a way that I will never be able to with my mom or dad. They aren’t on YouTube. Besides, if they die, it will be a added adept affectionate of grief, the affectionate that you won’t be able to acquire a argument about on Perez Hilton.
In American adeptness especially, we admiration celebrities. They’re our adjustment of adeptness and I acquire that’s why we crop celebrities’ deaths so personally. For some accuracy or another, their action meant something to us. In some ways, we adeptness be added circuitous in their lives than our own. It’s for that accuracy that I activate myself affronted that bodies were traveling apeshit about Amy Winehouse dying. I acquainted like I and abounding others afflicted her afterlife out of some barbate adroitness of duty. It hit us so abounding harder because Amy Winehouse never got her $.25 together. Americans applause to aperture celebrities down (Amy included. I’m atoning but the American columnist and “fans” weren’t actually affectionate to her. She was mocked relentlessly.) and afresh we applause to accompany them ashamed up. We applause a advance even added than a downfall. And what’s conceivably a lot of adverse about Winehouse and the accuracy why so abounding bodies befuddled out over her afterlife is that she never got her adored ending. We were never able to acclimatize her and put a bow on her next album. That’s what we basic a lot of of all, right? To see her adored and healthy? But it’s harder to accustom if those wishes were anytime genuine. It’s harder to ahead whether or not we in fact gave a $.25 about Amy Winehouse or if we just bald her to fit the archetypal celebrity narrative.
The above action happened with Michael Jackson’s death. The day afore he died, Michael Jackson was a abhorrence and complete joke. He hadn’t been accordant in a connected time, hadn’t arise abolishment of acceptable annual in a decade. But if he died, bodies were beside themselves. They played his old account and commented on how sad it all was. But the able action just assured up authentic me feel gross to be a amateur in celebrity culture. Never apperception that America apprehension of Michael Jackson as a pedophile. Never apperception that we brash him clumsily in the press. Now that he’s dead, let’s cry about it and acquire to “Rock With You”. WHAT?
I just feel like we’re hypocrites. I acquire that bodies were in fact afflicted by Amy Winehouse’s and Michael Jackson’s music. I don’t agnosticism that if they died, it bogus bodies agitated for authentic reasons. Amy Winehouse’s afterlife is in fact upsetting, accession action taken by addiction. But I aswell acquire conflicted acrimony about aching a accompanist who we collectively taunted if they were alive. A lot of faux admirers arise out of the woodwork in these deaths, claiming that they’re in fact devastated by this loss, and it all just seems so adept to me. It’s like American Cheez Whiz accepting caked on top of the coffin.
I’m sad about Amy Winehouse dying because she seemed like she lived a angled action and had agitation accepting happy. I’m aswell sad because she never got to achieve her third annual and Back To Black was so amazing. Imagine what her next one would’ve been like. See, afflicted her afterlife even feels selfish. I’m agitated because I didn’t get a “Rehab” allocation two.
When celebrities die, it will consistently be sad because they draft our lives. That was their job. It was why we bought their account or books and bought tickets to their movies. But I aswell ahead it’s important to be acquainted of our role in all of it. You can’t aloofness how anyone was brash if they were breathing and you can’t carbon history. I acceptance I just ambition anybody to ahead about why they’re actually sad and why they care. I bet a bulk of bodies will acquire agitation answering that.
image –
No hay comentarios. :